September 29, 2008

Reveal

The management of this Malate mall should review the admission price of their relatively older cinemas. Despite the shabby appearance, they charge the same admission as the newer and fresher cinemas of Glorietta and Greenbelt.

But I can forget the old seats, the poor airconditioning, and the dusty-looking walls and ceilings if the cinema is featuring one of the biggest collaborations in recent movie history.

Righteous Kill features Robert de Niro and Al Pacino -- two of my favorite actors who have in their disposal the finest devils I've seen in the movies.

These men played their roles flawlessly. De Niro as Turk was the transparent, angry, and righteous devil all throughout, while Pacino the cool yet sinister and more dangerous Rooster, playing the good guy until he reveals Mr. Hyde in the end.

Yet another great movie to remind us that appearance can be deceiving.

***

Sometimes it takes time for questions to be answered, if at all such questions deserve this oh-so-ideal conclusion.

Perhaps triggered by paranoia over my hereditary tendencies, lately I've been keeping a watchful eye at my memory.

I seem to be forgetting a lot of things in the past. While I still could remember the What, it's the Why that seems to be fading so quickly.

So now I have been asking... again.

And the marvelous thing about this is that it somehow reveals more than what you knew before. Subjected to a different kind of light, the past could bring forth a whole new perspective.

Some things really do take time.

And though whatever I learn or understand now may not even be a fraction of the so-called truth, I am forever grateful to all who've taken time out to answer my questions.

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...