February 08, 2008

Online presence

I searched my name through Google and found only five hits, two of which from sources outside of my own organization.

It's no suprise. Ninety-nine percent of the reports I write, sent regularly at least once a week to a network of media and academic institutions, are never by-lined.

Anyway, I guess the satisfaction lies with seeing any of the reports make it to the pages of the major dailies.

***

Speaking of online presence, based on the very first screenshot of my main character (dated August 14, 2007), turns out I've been playing Perfect World (PW) for half a year now, making it my second longest-played online game.

Ragnarok Online (RO) holds my personal record -- over three (?) years.

I don't think I could stick to any game that long anymore. After the RO magic, all the online games I've played barely lasted months. The motivation -- which, in my case, is never about reaching God-like levels in-game but more of appreciating the game's storyline, mechanics and the community -- simply doesn't last.


***

My head still reel from the revelations of the newest witness in the Senate's investigation of the NBN-ZTE controversy. I never thought alleged kickbacks from projects such as this one could be so ridiculously big.

Over a hundred million dollars going to just one person!

Imagine what this amount could do if put to good use.

6 comments:

Eugene said...

I remember your post about this game a year ago. It's funny how I started this game a year later (just this weekend and currently lvl 20) and it's been a blast so far.

Leo said...

Nice! Are you playing the PW Multilanguage Service (http://www.perfectworld.ms/)? If yes, I hope to join you there soon. Haha!

Eugene said...

I joined PW International: http://pwi.perfectworld.com. Supposedly went live last December (open beta started 9/2008). I wonder what the differences are between these versions. Maybe I should join that one instead? :D

Leo said...

Nah. Better stick to where you are now. I just heard na laging lag ang PW Multilanguage Service (that is, for those here in the Philippines). I'm taking a look at PW International.

Eugene said...

Nice. Let me know what you find. I remember trying to download this game before but somehow it was only available in the Philippines.

Leo said...

Oops! PW Int. is not available for Philippine. I'm still downloading the PW Multilanguage Service, so I have yet to see if the lag there is really that bad.

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...