September 24, 2008

Happy birthday, Mamidir!

You have a hundred and one nicknames for your children -- all calls of endearment -- but you need only to call us by our real names to tell us that it's time to behave.

You're the first ambidextrous person I've known. At night when I refuse to sleep, you'd tell me "Pagod na ang kanang kamay ko sa kapapalo, pero ang kaliwang kamay ko, hindi pa." And when you do dish out physical punishment, your other hand would be ready to soothe the pain.

You gave me most of my right brain, inspiring most of what I am now when it comes to art, music, writing, and understanding human nature. We're forever proud and grateful of every little bit of what we're continuously learning from you.

You have always let us fly on our own wings, and yet remain the strongest force that binds the family together.

We love you, Mami dearest! Happy birthday and God bless!

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...