February 08, 2006

Drama

The caption at the bottom portion of the ANC live coverage yesterday says, "Probers reveal findings on the ULTRA stampede."

But to me, DILG Usec. Marius Corpuz sounded more like he's delivering a dramatic speech than statements of facts.

"... They were exploited, manipulated and treated like animals..."
"... pack of hungry wolves..."

By the time he wrapped up, I was wondering how much of what he said were from the fact-finding team's written report (a testimony, perhaps, from a survivor of the stampede) and how much were from his own opinion.

It is true that many have died from that incident, and emotions run high, but I can't help feeling that some government officials, including the Justice Secretary, should restrain themselves from voicing their speculations and personal opinions, given their official positions.

There's enough drama in this country as it is.

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...