November 14, 2009

Release

Our neighbors had their occasional street party again last night. They set up a tent that occupied over half of the street in front of our house, and settled down to play cards, eat, and drink.

It's their "advance" party. The real celebration would be sometime today.

Anyway, last night's party was relatively quiet.

At 4am this morning, however, I was awaken by loud voices.

They're at it again, locked in heated discussion over some moral issue that has something to do with freedom to express one's opinion. I heard passionate screams like "Tang#@*! Opinyon ko ito, kaya huwag ninyong masabi-sabing mali ako, mga g@%$!", and "Mga ul*^! Magsama-sama na kayong makikitid ang mga utak!"

Wow. Such passion.

It must have felt wonderful for them to scream their minds out in the middle of the street for all their neighbors to hear.

A very satisfying release.

***

My officemate, Mike, had his envy-worthy, shiny long hair cut after five years.

No wonder he went home early yesterday: he wasn't kidding when he said he was getting a haircut.

And now he's traded his old looks that vary from sleek pony-tail or twisted bun, to a neat semi-kalbo.

After five long years.

What a change. And I can only imagine how light his head must feel right now.

***

Right now I'm blogging and doing a paper here at Burger King, Glorietta 4 in Makati, while waiting for Joan to finish her meeting with a friend.

It's a nice change of scenery for me. Plus I love their new mini-burgers, and the free wi-fi.

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...