January 23, 2006

Overload

It was a weekend full of over...

Picture overload.

My godson Sam celebrated his first birthday at Kenny Roasters Eastwood, Libis. Joan and I arrived on time as specified on the invitation, and waited for an hour (we expected that one-hour wait).

I enjoyed the 10++-minute AVP for baby Sam -- so much pictures in one year! I think he's got more photos now than I have in 20 years! Mommy Shan and Daddy Jay must have had a camera ready at Sam's every picture-perfect (and uhm not-so-perfect) moment.

Sugar overload.

The long wait does wonders to the appetite. I ate two sets of a combo meal that has one-piece chicken, one rice, one side dish, one muffin, and one cup choco ice cream. I handled the chicken and side dishes well, but my head ached when I cleaned up the muffins and two cups of ice cream.

It must be our family genes sending out the diabetes alert. Yikes!

Power overload.

Manny Pacquiao's newly-improved left hook and counterpunch routine were works of art -- tailor-made for Morales! Coupled with his untampered stamina (no bloodtesting this time) and the right Cleto Reyes gloves (knuckles get exposed the more you punch), even a tough tactician like Morales won't last under Pacquiao's power punches. I felt a bit sick watching the replays of that left punch he landed on Morales' head that brought the Mexican to his knees. Oouuch.

Mabuhay ka, Manny!

Pero bakit nauna pa siyang nayakap at nahalikan ng mga Kanong naka suit and tie, na kasimbilis ng kidlat sumampa sa ring? Are they the people who's going to rake in the millions of dollars from his victory?

And finally...

FG Mike to PGMA over the phone (and in this case, heard over national television): "Te quiero mucho..."

Awww.

Is it Valentine season already?

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...