April 10, 2011

Choco

There’s a small portion along EDSA that treats me to a different kind of journey.

I call this little stretch of road Cocoa Drive. It’s where the Ricoa factory is located along EDSA, near Boni Avenue.

The factory is obviously still brewing chocolate big-time – the deliciously rich chocolate scent surrounding that area at night is strong enough to penetrate air conditioning.

So to heck with smog, I’d roll my window down and, for a few seconds, imagine champorado, Flat-Tops, tablea, and hot chocolate.

That little burst of sensory overload is all it takes to make the rest of the drive a little more pleasant amid monster bus drivers, bukas-kotse gangs, rugby-sniffing kids, and motorcycle riders who think they’re made of adamantium.

Mmmm… I’ll have Milo tonight.

2 comments:

Usba said...

harhar. alam ko yun! singhot din ako dun.

Leo said...

hehe sarap 'no. thanks for dropping by, Z.

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...