December 17, 2008

Left wide open

For some time now, I've been contemplating about incorporating a forum to the website of the organization I work for. But each time I'm at the brink of giving it a go, I remember the words I've read from a moderator in one of the forums I subscribe to:

"However well you moderate a forum, this is a tool that leaves you wide open."

I don't think I'm ready.

***

We've all heard it before: sharing means opening up. This is nothing different from the daily interactions we have with everyone.

A coping mechanism, a need-to-know information, or simply to let others understand one better -- whatever the purpose for doing so, if done without malice, sharing is intended for something beneficial.

Of course, whatever happens after the information has been shared is something outside of everyone's control. How easily can one turn an information into a weapon, intentional or otherwise?

...

...

So, shoe throwing is the highest form of contempt in the Arab world.

Let's see... A "shoe" was thrown at me today. It represents everything that I despise, something very few knew of.

Though intended as a jest, the throw was direct and precise.

Unfortunately, unlike Bush, I wasn't able to duck.

I was wide open.

Bull's eye.

So funny... The irony of it all. ^ ^

First time for everything, I guess.

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...