January 21, 2005

unhealthy

i've been leading a very unhealthy lifestyle lately.



while i didn't spend the last days of 2004 on daily drinking sprees -- which is normal amid the year-end festivities in my home province -- i find myself ingesting beer almost everyday since i got back in manila. before anyone starts thinking that i'm alcoholic, *shudder* let me at least try to identify some factors to my increased beer consumption:



lately, there are a lot of things to talk about after office. in the three years of living together with four of my co-workers, i notice that work-related affairs usually don't get carried back to the house -- we don't talk about work as soon as we settle down and watch tv or whatever. if we do talk about work after work, it's usually big deal enough to be beer-worthy. aside from the usual stress and tension, this year will be especially toxic for us at the station.



last year's leftovers. the supply is there, the company is there, and as mentioned, lots of things to talk about.



our friendly neighbor manang pao-pao's sari-sari store and eatery. lowest retail price for beer in town. err, i guess supply will never be a problem, especially if access to it is just a few meters away. this place also serve great typical filipino "turu-turo" ("point-point", as in to choose your food by pointing) dishes, barbeque and isaw, an array of "silog" menus (variants of fried dishes paired with fried rice and fried egg) and pares (beef stew) -- not exactly the healthiest, but still great for heavy meals and "pulutan" (appetizers that go well with alcoholic drinks).



the wonders of lynn. lol just kidding. "i hate you, tet-cheese!" mwahahaha!!



that's about it. not the best of excuses, but i try to re-assure myself that i'm (still?) not the one to drink beer for no reason at all. it's just that beer tastes so good when the weather's too cold, or too hot, or when i need to stay awake beyond my insomnia (no kidding. with the right dose, it works like coffee for me), when i need to concentrate, when i have fever, when i have cold sores... *okay enough now*



did i mention beer can keep me awake?



i guess i should start worrying about my sleeping habits. my typical bedtime is 1am. with conscious effort, i'd be lucky to be sleeping at 11pm. with beer, i'd still be restlessly up and awake at 3am (my ragnarok online acolyte is now at level 66/48 because of that). in all cases, my waking time is constant at 6:30am (error margin of plus/minus 10 minutes).



*starts computing*



okay, i'm worried now.

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...