August 08, 2020

Late start... but time for beast-mode

This morning wifey told me to get the flu vaccine. I usually just obey her, but today was different -- I was excited. I rushed to the nearest Healthway and got the shot. Next scheduled shot: pneumonia vaccine.

After Healthway, I went to the nearest bike shop (Bike Town Cyclery) and had my Meri tuned up. Kuya Angelo, the bike mechanic, gave me tips on gear-shifting and maintenance. He also owns a Merida Big 7, he said. 
(Side story: I saw Goyo Larrazabal while scouting for accessories at the second level of Bike Town. I wanted to ask him for a selfie but he was busy with some sort of event -- a DJ was working the music and there were lots of phones pointed at Goyo. I'll catch him some other time.)

Flashback to the past week...

My dumbells are five pounds heavier. I've been lifting them more frequently now, as with doing crunches, squats, push-ups, and lunges during lull moments between work-from-home and errands.

Something in me snapped when I heard that Metro Manila will revert to Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine from August 4 to 18.

This pandemic will be around for a while. I want to ride Meri, and I need my body to be strong for it.

I'm going beast-mode... for my health.

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...