May 20, 2004

fanfare...

wala lang akong masabi...
the incumbent president is winning (hmmm...health insurance, anyone?), the actor has declared himself winner (my goodness!), the policeman is quiet (he's got nothing to lose), the former education secretary conceded (people don't like candidates who pick on other candidates), and the televangelist is crying foul (he did well, and he could probably win the next presidential election)... the large number of deaths due to election-related violence... and, of course, eddie gil.
until COMELEC declares the winners, the fanfare continues.
the philippine national elections last may 10 is expected to be concluded by may 23, and the country's greatest exercise of democracy, as always, felt to me like a choice of lesser evils and a game of dirty tricks and politicking -- a dead end for all who hope for genuine change (naks!)
it's my third time to monitor the elections, and still it amazes me. ah, democrazy!
sigh... in the end i believe that as a nation, we deserve the president we get, and we will always move on no matter what. at times when there's no where else for us to go, we smile and look up, pray -- and fight.
mabuhay!

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...