September 26, 2021

Only the strong and brave

I forgot who said this, but I sadly agree with him/her:

Biking in Metro Manila is only for the strong and brave.

It is... still. And I hope someday it won't be anymore.


***

At Padre Pio Chapel, Eastwood...

It's my first time to attend mass and stand among many, at least a meter apart with a mask.

The atmosphere is different. Everyone is praying in earnest.

I was, too. And I cried a lot, minus the tears. Without the mask, people would see that I was crying really, really hard. They would have seen my sorry crying face, my mouth distorted. I was taking deep breaths, pretending I was still warming down from the ride, but I was trying to stop the tears.

I was crying.

Especially when I pray for everyone's health and safety. Everyone I love, everyone close to me, everyone I know my whole life, and everyone I met only recently.

Everyone.

Because this veerus is terribly shitty good at taking everyone by surprise and terribly shitty good at taking anyone.

Anyone.


***

Be strong.

Be brave.

Have faith.

Have hope.

Have tapang kalabaw 👍


No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...