February 11, 2013

The Pope steps down

I don't consider myself as religious, but the news of Pope Benedict XVI resigning drastically changed how I view the Pope and what this title represents.

I grew up in a church led by someone who embodied all my ideas of Catholic holiness in the modern world. Just praying before his tomb is easily one of the most memorable moments of my Catholic life.

Because of this resignation, the title Pope has been reduced to a mere occupation, instead of a calling, a destiny, and a symbol that one carry and fulfill till their last breath.

Anyway, it's within his rights to resign should he deem himself not physically, psychologically and spiritually capable of performing his duties. God bless Pope Benedict XVI.

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...