May 29, 2010

Lost

I was almost an hour late for work yesterday when my usual route got blocked by road constructions along Espana Avenue in Manila.

It's normal for government infrastructure projects to sprout like weeds as another fiscal year comes to an end. However, with just a month to go before the Arroyo administration ends, I'm not sure if these massive road constructions are preparations for the rainy season, or just last-minute hustle for more corruption money. Oh well, it could be both.

The re-routing was unplanned as no proper scheme was in place. So thanks to my pathetic navigation skills, it was easy for me to get lost after missing the tiny and obscure sidestreet that could have put me back on course.

That brief moment of being lost, however, was strangely pleasant. The unfamiliar streets gave me refreshing new sights as I groped my way through the innards of Manila, Balintawak, and Sta. Mesa.

But I guess that moment was pleasurable only because I had plenty of fuel in the tank, and I'm no longer required to check-in with the office bundy clock.

***

I've been wishing for the rain, and it finally arrived yesterday.

It brought flooding, too.

At least, I got what I wished for. Like many things in life, it's a package deal. Not much room for complaints, I'm just glad it's there.

***

I'm still finding my way back after missing a very crucial detour in the past.

I want to be in that familiar route again, even if so much has changed.

I miss that path.

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...