January 17, 2009

Break

It's been a while since I browsed a certain directory in my computer. This one houses my unfinished art gifts, scanned sketches, snapshots, and drafts of blog entries about things I wish I had more time to think and write about...

Like trusting your instincts.

Yesterday I was invited by some of my officemates to have dinner at Sarah's.

In my dictionary, the word Sarah's could mean any or all of the following: liquor, pulutan, relaxation, conversation, fun, and/or refuge.

It readily occurred to me that someone needed a drink, and later on learned that it was to soothe a broken heart.

The person in need of soothing was not the one who invited me.

I hesitated. My instinct told me that for this level of emotional sharing, someone like me -- the most senior in terms of rank at work (and, technically, age. haha!) -- would create a certain degree of awkwardness in the group.

But heaven knows I needed to unwind, too, so I got selfish and tagged along.

What followed was a delightful display of my theory proving itself: some people find it difficult to step out of the office walls, even just for an evening.

I had a good time. I always do every time I visit Sarah's, regardless of the company.

It got much better for my officemates -- after I left.

I was right.

Sorry guys. That's five hours I kept you from unbridled emotional sharing and fun. ^^'

2 comments:

- litol figgy - said...

dapat siguro, semps, nagpaka-tipsy ka na agad para mas na-chillax sila. or baka dapat nilasing mo na sila agad para sure na na-chillax sila. hehehe.

Leo said...

Problem is, matagal kami lahat malasing. Next time siguro, pag walang uwian. Haha!

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...