May 06, 2008

Iron Man

I've been waiting for this movie! I should write something about it.

Let's see...

Why oh why did he not smash to the ground when his flight system got all iced up?

That's about it.

Anyway, Downey's a great pick for Tony Stark. I don't know if he went after the role of Iron Man as earnestly as Nicholas Cage reportedly did for GhostRider, but I couldn't think of a better actor to play the genius visionary, ladies' man, and nutcase Stark.

Iron Man was one of the most influential comic characters of my childhood (wait, did I not say in my previous post that I was comatose?) simply because he's human (plus cool technology), and it took work and pain to be who he is (same reason why I like Batman, though this came much later, when gloom and secrecy began to sound so appealing to me).

The movie did a good job of showing all those work and pain, but never to a point where you start feeling sorry for all the bumps and bruises -- the movie's element of comedy made sure of that (the rocket boots testing part was the best).

I've been making a survey of those who've watched Iron Man. How many of you stayed on and watched until the end of the credits?

So far, 4 out of 4 did not.

Amazing.

(Promotional Iron Man photo from Wikipedia)

1 comment:

patrick said...

Iron Man was a practically flawless hero flick; its makers drop some pretty obvious sequel hints too... i'm thinking the next one should be equally great

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...