December 11, 2007

Ooops!

It was a typical morning drive -- light to moderate traffic, cool breeze, cool-headed and smiling motorists. Under these conditions, it takes about half an hour's drive to my wife's workplace, with speeds averaging at 50 kph.

The five MIBs (men in barongs) guarding the gate gave their customary greetings. Nothing unusual, so far. I drove in the compound and dropped Joan at the building entrance.

As I drove back to the gate, however, all five MIBs were looking at me (Swet! What did I do?). They signalled me to stop. One of them approached the side of the vehicle and stepped up the rear wheel to reach for something on the roof.

When he got off, he was holding our big, colorful duster.

"Ser, ano 'to? Nalaglag n'yo ba ito?" in his most authoritative voice. They were all smiling.

Well, at least I made their morning. ^^'

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...