March 25, 2005

Peace

No sparkling white beaches. No glorious sun. No swimming nor diving in pristine blue waters...

But this year's Holy week gave back some of my small luxuries.

Friendship.

Tried and tested wisdom is hard to find these days. How long has it been since you had a good chat with a long-lost friend? Well, not really lost, but someone who's been away for the longest time? In these trying times and age (our age, that is *uboubo*) -- where turmoils, doubts, and disappointments ferment with amazing ease -- a talk with a good friend is a refreshing balm to your weary soul.

Silence.

It's going to be just me and a good novel tonight. Ü

Hope.

Holy Week indeed heralds hope in many forms.

Just weeks ago I gave up playing Philippine Ragnarok Online due to severe botter problems. I logged on yesterday, Maundy Thursday, to finish my remaining play time...

And surprise surpise! There's not a single botter in sight!

This delightful development proved me wrong: there is a solution to botting, however short-term it may be (let's face it, botters may be back in no time).

But Midgard without botters, even for just for a few days, is good enough for me.

And this reason enough to start playing again, although with lesser intensity.

There is hope.

A blessed Holy Week to all.

And Happy Easter!

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...