September 15, 2023

Finding the One -- a throwback

Over three years ago...
 
She's not my first choice. I was initially looking at Giant's line of mountain bikes -- because some of the people I know own one, and they seem satisfied with it. Trek was a second choice because some of my officemates already used them.

But it was the height of the COVID-19 pandemic and bicycle boom -- popular brands like Giant and Trek were hard to find.

I learned about the Merida brand from a long-time bike vlogger Ian How. One of his bikes is a Merida, so I thought, "If this guy rides this brand of bike in his amazing long rides, it must be a dependable bike."

I was pleasantly surprised to find plenty of Merida MTBs for sale at the Facebook Marketplace. One seller was selling a Merida Big Seven 200 at a lower price (at that time) than the other sellers. After researching the model and specs, I was convinced she was the one. I contacted the seller and closed the deal.

On July 22, 2020, online seller Ms Yvonne and her husband delivered her to the office. 






And so began my bike adventures 😊

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...