February 11, 2006

Theories and stuffs

Last night...

Mic's pasta ish da bomb. Dude, pwede ka nang magtayo ng resto. Wag ka lang magpapa-eat-all-you-can buffet kasi malulugi ka sa amin.

There seems to be a problem lately with San Mig Light. Somehow all the batches I've tasted were stale or lacking that certain fizz.

Mic's theory is that the stock must have been exposed to sunlight. Unlike Pale Pilsen's dark-colored bottle, San Mig Light's transparent bottle doesn't protect the contents from the sun.

Interesting.

I know now why pasta isn't an ideal "pulutan".

Both make me sleepy.

While carbohydrate gives power to the body, it is also a mild relaxant. And pasta, just like rice, takes longer to burn. The immediate effect of consuming large amounts would be sleepiness, as the body diverts most blood flow to the digestive system to hasten digestion. Power comes in much later.

Beer is a natural downer.

So after a hearty portion of pasta, it took just four bottles of beer to make me drowsy, and some of us tipsy.

Why does the street lamp turn off when we stand under it?

I used to think that when street lamps blink out when I pass by, it means I've been a bad person that day. Following that theory would therefore qualify me as a "bad" person every day (and night).

But for want of a more scientific explanation, I point to our "aura" as the factor.

Every lifeform has a unique polarity, or electrical field, that varies depending on both physiological and emotional state. A healthy person would have a significantly different polarity compared to someone who's sick or ill. Emotions affect our bodies' chemical composition as well.

I'm not sure whether the polarity is negative or positive between the human body and the electrical field generated by the street lamp towards the ground, but there's definitely a clash strong enough to put the lights out when the two polarities get within each other's range.

Hmmm...

Then again, maybe I've been bad.

How do you address your boyfriend/girlfiend’s father whom you will be meeting for the first time?

Sir? Tito or Uncle?

On this matter, maybe I'll just wait for our officemate's update when she meet her bf’s father, for the first time, today.

Finally, last night’s most memorable hirit: “Na-try mo na?”

No comments:

I want these back

I can't recall the last time I doodled, and out of nowhere, this came out today during our flag ceremony. Okay, maybe not ou...